Summit of Style
1 Day - 10am to 7pm
At School of Style, we’ve taken thousands of aspiring stylists and turned their dreams into a reality. Our Summit of Style class is where it all begins. In this powerful one-day class, you will become fully immersed in this rewarding and lucrative fashion career. We’ll share the inside secrets of this elusive industry and teach our thoroughly tested strategy for career success.
This class is a highly useful experience for stylists at any level, from beginner to professional. Our expert staff and guest teachers will skillfully guide you through every possible option available to you in the field of styling. You will learn how to infiltrate each level of styling from intern to assistant, to key stylist in the shortest possible time. You will learn how to overcome every possible obstacle along the way, and how to turn your passion and talent into a full-time, highly paid, life-long career.
You will not only learn directly from our highly qualified founders Luke Storey and Lauren Messiah, but you’ll also gain a massive body of knowledge through our impressive roster of leading stylists and from our most successful graduates.
Past guest instructors include Lori Goldstein, Brad Goreski, Maeve Reilly, Monica Rose, Joseph Cassell, B Akerlund, Jen Rade, Jessica Paster, Ilaria Urbinati, Johnny Wujek, Mary Alice Stephenson, Jeannie Mai, The Net-A-Porter Editor Team, and countless other world-class industry leaders.
Having the opportunity to learn from and interact directly with industry professionals at the highest level adds an exceptional value to this life-changing class. By the end of this course, you will have not only completed a class but also had an experience you will never forget.
Our January 21st 2017 LA class features top celebrity stylist Sophie Lopez (Kate Hudson, Jourdan Dunn) Christina Pacelli (Laverne Cox) and Lindsey Albanese (Stylist/Fashion Expert/Youtube Sensation)
*Guest teachers subject to change
- An Introduction to a career in personal styling
- Types of stylists
- Types of jobs
- The truth about stylist rates
- What jobs pay the most
- Dispel styling industry myths
- Leverage your current skill set
- How to avoid newbie mistakes
- How to market yourself correctly
- How to start your own personal styling business
- How to become a menswear stylist
- The raw truth by our grad panel
- How to transition from your current job
- How to find the best internships
- How to find clients
- How to find and approach top stylists
- How to intern for the shortest period
- Move up the ranks quickly
- Secure a paid position fast
- Learn how much to charge
- How to avoid resume mistakes